Remember in Week 1 when I recommended you set goals? Are you focusing on those goals. Are you tracking how you are doing against those goals? If not, here are a few ideas to help you focus:
- 1. Keep a journal. Writing down what activities you did toward meeting your goal, along with thoughts, feelings, and worries allows you to determine if you are on target to your goal or if you need to re-evaluate the goal.
- 2. Organize a buddy support system (with teammates or family members) that you can tap into when feelings of discouragement set in.
- 3. Stay healthy by eating right, exercising, staying hydrated, laughing, listening to your favorite music, pampering yourself, and getting enough sleep.
- 4. Use time management tools–such as “To Do” lists and priorities, post your to-do list, and reward yourself when you cross items off your list.
- 5. Be efficient. Plan each day by filling small gaps of time with small items on your to-do list.