Q&A Justin’s Camps
The Justin Blalock Foundation
Thank you for visiting the website of The Justin Blalock Foundation. The Foundation targets Greater Dallas and Greater Atlanta students ages 12 – 18 using athletics and academics as tools and motivators to develop young men and women and strengthen family relationships.
I am extremely pleased to have you follow my football career and to visit my website. I have been blessed beyond belief to be a part of the National Football League. I am excited to be playing for the Atlanta Falcons. We believe that the year ahead will be a stronger year, one in which we will continue to build on past achievements.
BLALOCK AT A GLANCE
Born in 1983. Drafted in 2007. Left Plano and went to Austin then headed to Atlanta. Known as a ‘road grader’ who likes to ‘pancake’ the opponent.
Two sport athlete in high school–football, and track. Still holds the Plano city and the District record of 63.75 feet for the shot-put! But football became my passion. I think I love the game for its physical nature and demand on competition.
Started three years at left guard on the offensive line in high school. Made the All-USA Today team my senior year! After receiving numerous interest letters, I narrowed my choices to the universities of Florida, Michigan, Oklahoma, and Texas. And the Texas Longhorns won my heart!
Started 51 consecutive games at Texas, breaking a 10-year record. Recognized with nominations for various awards including the Lombardi Award (nation’s top lineman) and the Outland Trophy (nation’s top interior lineman).
Made the key block, that freed QB Vince Young to run in a touchdown to win the National Championship on January 5, 2006 at the Rose Bowl. That’s when the University of Texas Longhorns defeated the USC Trojans 41-38.
Excelled in the classroom. Was one of five finalists for the Watkins Award for the nation’s top African-American scholar athlete. Graduated from the University of Texas at Austin in December 2006 with a degree in Youth and Community Studies in the School of Education. It was a proud moment for my family and for me.
Part of an offensive line that opened holes for running back Michael Turner to rush 1,371 yards during the 2010 season.
To help you get to know me even better, I’ve included a list of “My 10 Favs” below. Thanks again for stopping by the site and for making the Falcons your choice for NFL Football! Visit often and remember, ‘Wear Something Red’ on Sundays.
Blalock’s 10 Favs:
1. Favorite Video Games: Mass Effect series, FIFA 14, Borderlands, Portal 2, GTA V, Red DEad Revolver, Guitar Hero/Rock Band, Heavy rain
2. Favorite Movies: The Departed, The Matrix, V for Vendetta, Lucky Number Slevin, Pulp Fiction, The Sting, The Natural Inception, Star Wars, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, Snatch, Layer Cake, Harlem Nights, Life, Coming to America, Mr. Holland;s Opus, The Dark Knight Trilogy, and the Indiana Jones movies.
3. Favorite Actors: Denzel Washington, Danny McBride, Leonardo DiCaprio, Samuel L. Jackson, Christian Bale, Robert Redford.
4. Favorite Actresses: Kerry Washington, Scarlett Johansson, Jennifer Lawrence, Gemma Arterton, Natalie Portman, Bryce Dallas Howard.
5. Nobody knows I can play: Troubleshoot almost anything.
6. Favorite TV Shows: It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Eastbound and Down, Entourage, Modern Family, House of Cards, Newsroom, Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire, Workaholics, Aqua Teen Humder Force, Homeland, MacGyver.
7. Favorite Music Artists or Groups: Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Luther Vandross, Kanye West, Rick Ross, Mumford & Sons, Gavin Degraw, Slipknot, Evanescence, Amos Lee, Zac Brown Band, James Morrison, Avenged Sevenfold, Bob Dylan, Maxwell, Tupac, Metallica, The Stylistics, Boyz 2 Men, Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, Selah, Ed Sheeran, Iron and Wine, Kendrick Lamar, John Mayer, Andrea Bocelli, Aretha Franklin, Alicia Keys, Amy Winehouse, TLC, Lauryn Hill, Etta James, Koko Taylor, and Justin Timberlake.
8. Favorite Childhood Songs: Man in the Mirror by Michael Jackson; Tonight by The Smashing Pumpkins; Everybody Hurts by REM, U Will Know by BMU and anything from the “Triller” album.
9. I’d like to star in a music video with: Any of my favorite artists, Leona Lewis.
10. My sports heroes as a kid: Emmitt Smith-NFL, Larry Allen-NFL, Nolan Ryan-MLB, Martin Brodeur-NHL and Frank Thomas.